Here is our menu for the upcoming week’s share. Keep in mind this menu may change as we are still getting available items in. Please know that our farmers are having a hard time with the harvest due to weather and labor shortages. We ask for your flexibility with changes. We will try to get these to you but often we don’t know until day of and they don’t always get to me (Suzi). I know there have been surprises- So thanks again for your patience.
A note on the Billy Bread — when you get it and you plan to keep it on the counter – please take it out of the plastic bag so that it can breathe. If it gets moisture trapped in there, it will mold. I keep mine the in the fridge in the plastic bag after the first day.
There is a note at the bottom about the MILK!!!! It is delicious and not really Cat Milk! Please enjoy.
Holiday turkeys and ducks are up in the store to order with a $20 deposit, balance due upon receipt. Small turkeys are sold out, but we have plenty of medium and large left. After you order, message me when you want it – Thanksgiving, Xmas or another time and also the @ lb range so I can best match you up. If you are interested in other holiday meats like pork, beef, bison or lamb, message me. We have added 10 more ducks to inventory – so jump on these quickly. We have 2 turkeys left from last year that will be at a sale price — waiting to get details from Mark. These have been great in the past! Let me know if you are interested. We are NOT able to get rabbit this year.
This is the first week of the sourdough bagels for many of you! We are so excited for you because they are AMAZING!. They freeze great! I made yogurt cream cheese with the Mt View yogurt then put the Handcrafted by Hannah elderberry jelly on mine and it was a treat.
If you love the CSA, please share it with friends! Anyone who joins will earn you a $25 referral reward when they use your name upon sign up! So share away!
Yard Signs – We will have yard signs at Eastern Market and Farm to Family Market and can drop off for you if you are home delivered. We get a tremendous response from this type of marketing. If you would like a yard sign – let us know. Thank you for sharing us with your neighbors and friends.
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- fennel – try shaved fennel and orange salad; roasted fennel with parm; fennel, garlic and potato soup
- 21 cool ways from Richmond’s Eating Bird Food including taco bake and pad thai.
- beets – make sure to eat the tops! simple and delicious beet greens; vegan borscht;-beet-salad-with-carrot-quinoa-spinach/;
- apples- vegan/gf apple pie crumble bars; apple streusel breakfast pizza (GF, VG)winter squash – butternut squash pancakes; penne with winter squash and bacon
- swiss chard – simple sauteed swiss chard; kitchen sink pasta
- bok choy –sesame beef, ginger and grilled bok choy; bok choy, soba noodles with sesame ginger dressing and an egg
- spicy salad mix – I love to add sliced apples, thinly sliced feta and raspberry balsamic.A really good salad
- sweet potatoes – sweet potato chocolate cake with vegan and GF options; Mediterranean sweet potatoes with garlic herb sauce – t – this is delish.
- romaine lettuce – my favorite way is to grill it; Asian lettuce wraps with ground beef
- honey nut squash – these are butternut’s cute, sweet little brother. roasted with maple and pecans
- delicata squash – Parmesan crusted; delicata squash soup – vegan option
- Virginia Diner Chocolate Peanuts – if you can’t eat peanuts and have not told me, please email right away. These are thoroughly decadent and addicting. Eat right out of the can.
BREAD Prairie Grain Pumpkin bread with raisins. – this is so delicious and makes a wonderful french toast. If you don’t want this, message me right away so we can sub out.
- Mt View cheese mix – make a hot melted sandwich