You will be getting an heirloom pumpkin this week which is quite dense and heavy, so be prepared to carry that. Bring a friend or a cart if you are walking. Mark says he will be ready for you from 4:30-7pm. Let us know if you have any quesions, concerns or last minute changes. We have pre-bagged your produce shares for a quick grab and go this week.
- baby leeks – braised leeks with parsley and lemon
- apples – chopped salad with apples and bitter greens
- apple cider – 10 apple cider cocktail recipes ; Cider Sage Gravy
- parsley – carrot, leek and parsley mash
- celery – Celery Recipes that are Freakishly Delicilous!
- garlic – autumn root vegetable gratin with herbs and cheese garlic garlic mashed potatoes
- potatoes – Silver Palate Thanksgiving potatoes with Nutmeg
- sweet potatoes – sweet potatoe maple hash browns
- baby kohlrabi – Kohlrabi may be a new veg for some of you. Its delicious, versatile and beloved by chefs. kale and kohlrabi gnocchi kohlrabi apple walnut slaw;
- beets – beet cranberry salad
- kale – spinach/kale stuffing/dressing – so good!
- Heirlooom Porcelain Doll Pumpkin – Swapped for spaghetti squash. This is a beautiful pumpkin, and wonderful to cook with. Please use care cutting it. I use a grapefruit spoon to scoop out the insides, its serrated edge makes it easy to get all those strings. Make sure to save and roast the seeds! My suggestion is to make pumpkin puree, reserve what you think you will need for your pumpkiny things this week, and freeze the rest in 1 or 2 cup bags. Here’s an easy puree recipe. Here are some pumpkin recipes: pumpkin pavlov with pecan brittle GF Paleo pumpkin recipes bourbon pumpkin cheesecake
- onions – savory mushroom bread pudding – esp good if you have mushrooms left from last week.