Here are some berry storage tips for fragile berries to help keep them fresher longer in hot humid days – from Agriberry our fruit partner.
This week’s menu is below – subject to change.
PRODUCE * indicates small share. Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- broccoli* – lemon dill cauliflower broccoli; make sauteed breakfast salad from RVA local Eating Bird Food with eggs, greens, dill, broccoli, cauliflower yum.
- chiogga beets*- these are so pretty. Here is roasted orange beets with dill
- English Peas* try English peas with dill and scallions
- white sweet onions* – try roasted balsamic onions
- french long radish* buttered radish with poached egg
- dill*- Here are some good ways to use it.
- Mexican round squash* – use these the same way you would zucchini. They are especially good on the grill. Here is a vegetarian stuffed version.
- carrots – try carrot dill soup (GF/V)
- Elegance kale – make a smoothie – throw in some blueberries too
- cauliflower – here is a no potato salad that uses cauliflower. Have an airfryer? Airfry this up! And broccoli too. Or make grilled cauliflower steaks.
- sweet basil – make strawberry basil sodas
- Chamomile – here are some ways to use it.
FRUIT SHARE/from Agriberry
- Strawberries –
- Blueberries –
PANTRY SHARE – honey — if I know you are vegan you will get a sub. If you have not told me you are vegan, please do so.
- Bison NY Strip Steaks – this is one of our premium meat items which we give a few times a season. It is smaller in volume and more expensive in price (steak in general as you may know, is more expensive than ground meat). Bison is classified as a wild animal by the USDA and they are harder to raise by the farmer thus it is the most expensive meat item that we have. We try to average out the meat over the season in value and a few treats. This is why your meat share seems smaller this time. Here are some cooking tips for grass-fed bison = keep it simple less time, less heat.
- sausage (bulk)
- whole roasting chicken
- ground beef
- Billy Bread – rustic sourdough – now available to add on in the Bakery section!
- Cheese – Mt View Pimento cheese — this is so yummy and versatile!