Dear members — here is what we anticipate being in the share next week – subject to change. If you will be away for the July 4 holiday, but have not yet held your share, please email asap so we can hold you and adjust our counts for the farms. Thank you.
PRODUCE * indicates small share. Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- Sweet corn* – so excited about this one – how to boil, grill and use leftovers if you have them.
- blueberries* – grainfree berry crisp
- cucumbers* summer is here! simple cuke salad; when I was a kid we would just cut them in spears and dunk them in salt.
- summer squash* – 28 ways from pizza to salads.
- carrots* – 17 ways to do summer carrots
- white potatoes* – very much marinated potatoes
- kale* – kale and goat cheese tart
- leeks* – grilled zucchini and leeks with walnuts and herbs
- basil – basil lemonade, basil grilled corn on the cob
- zucchini – easy roasted zuch with parmesan; raw zucchini noodles with raw marinara
- tomatoes – tentative – heirloom tomato sandwich on sourdough with garlic aioli
- Italian eggplant – vegan italian eggplant sandwich, perfect grilled eggplant
- pickling cukes – pickling cukes – I love to slice and eat these when they are little, but I also love to make easy small batch fridge pickles.
FRUIT SHARE/from Agriberry
- Blueberries – vegan blueberry pie
- Peaches – tentative – – easy grilled peaches. The best.
- Agriberry Raspberry Applesauce
- lamb chorizo- chorizo and potato tacos
- pork ribs – barbecue on a gas grill
- trout fillets – tuscan grilled trout
- Billy Bread rustic sourdough – Note that Billy Bread is now available to add on in the Bakery section!
- Cheese -goat cheese – farmer’s market salad with goat cheese, peaches and basil