Here is what we anticipate being in the share this coming week, subject to change. If you have gotten Chef items in jars – please bring them back or leave them in your delivery bin for us to retrieve so Chef can make more. Thanks.
PRODUCE * indicates small share. Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- *blackberries – blackberry breakfast bars
- Peaches* – fresh peach salad; peach jalapeno margarita
- green peppers* – sweet. Here are a whole bunch of really tasty recipes for peppers.
- hot pepper mix* – easy cherry tomato and hot pepper fresh salsa – pickle, dry, powder, freeze, hot sauce, jam, salsa and more…
- cherry tomatoes – grilled tomato “lollipops” on sourdough with chevre
- corn* – grilled Mexican street corn – elote
- tomatoes* – Middle Eastern Salad
- malabar spinach* – this green does very well in hot humid weather and you will find a lot of recipes for it in Indian, Indonesian and Asian cooking. Try Shawarma greens
- Chinese long beans – these are so delicious – try Sichuan style stir fried long beans – use your chiles!
- chilaca peppers – mild hot dark green pepper – Chile Chilaca con Queso y Crema ~Rajas(Roasted Green Chiles with Cheese)
- eggplant – vegan italian eggplant sandwich, perfect grilled eggplant
- onions – cool ways to use onions.
- cucumbers* summer is here! simple cuke salad; when I was a kid we would just cut them in spears and dunk them in salt.
- Blueberries – healthy blueberry breakfast cake
FRUIT SHARE/from Agriberry
- chicken breast- skillet tomato chicken
- ground beef – summer bolognese
- chicken legs and thighs – sheet pan chicken thighs with peppers and onions
- Prairie Grain Zucchini bread
- Cheese – Assorted cheddars