Hello Members! Mark is back from break and slinging those veggies again! We have been busy getting the online store updated with new goodies.
I am working on the Fall/Winter subscriptions and will hopefully have this up online this week for you with Early Bird specials! Partial seasons will be available for you if you think you might be moving or otherwise needing more flexibility in your season. Email me with questions.
Here is what we think is in the share, subject to change:
PRODUCE * indicates small share. Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- blackberries* – blackberry balsamic ice cream, here are some sweet and savory ways to use them
- Peaches* – peach salad with grilled basil chicken (use the lemon basil) and balsamic honey vinaigrette
- nectarines* – here are some great recipes including nectarine pavlovas
- mushrooms – chanterelles (foraged wild)* – Chef’s mushroom guy really found some great stuff this week. Check him out on our Facebook group. Here are some yummy things to do with them and some tips on cleaning.
- kale* – kale has been really really good this summer. Here are some different ways to use it.
- lemon basil* – this is super yummy in everything. make summery lemon basil lime oil.
- potatoes* – skewered grilled potatoes
- cukes* – vinegar marinated cucumbers – this is a staple on our table. You can swap out the sugar for honey.
- sweet banana peppers* make refrigerator pickles! this is so exciting!
- eggplant* – eggplant jam
- hot peppers -here are some great ideas
- yellow squash (maybe) – make chow chow
- heirloom tomatoes (maybe) – caprese salad with lemon basil vinaigrette
FRUIT SHARE/from Agriberry
- Billy Bread rustic sourdough – Note that Billy Bread is now available to add on in the Bakery section! This week we have all the ingredients to make Panzanella Italian bread salad!
- Goat Chevre