Welcome to the first share of the season! Keep in mind this menu may change as we are still getting available items in. Please know that our farmers are having a hard time with the harvest due to weather and labor shortages. We ask for your flexibility with changes. We will try to get these to you but often we don’t know until day of and they don’t always get to me (Suzi). I know there have been surprises – So thanks again for your patience.
A note on the Billy Bread — when you get it and you plan to keep it on the counter – please take it out of the plastic bag so that it can breathe. If it gets moisture trapped in there, it will mold. I keep mine the in the fridge in the plastic bag after the first day.
If you love the CSA, please share it with friends! Anyone who joins will earn you a $25 referral reward when they use your name upon sign up! So share away!
Yard Signs – We will have yard signs at Eastern Market and Farm to Family Market and can drop off for you if you are home delivered. We get a tremendous response from this type of marketing. If you would like a yard sign – let us know. Thank you for sharing us with your neighbors and friends.
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- delicata squash – one of our favorite squashes and great for smaller families! try delicata and kale salad
- Red Radishes I love these raw or roasted or pickled. Here are some ways.
- honey nut squash this is a mini sweeter version of a butternut with great flavor and quicker cook time. Try savory stuffed honey nut squash with kale.
- apples- sunken apple and honey cake
- kale sheet pan dinner a kale, chick peas; roasted sweet potato kale frittata
- Peanuts/Cashews – great to snack on! If you need a peanut/nut sub, have allergies – let me know. Here are some great recipes that use peanuts.
- green onions – green onion cakes
- acorn squash/Carninval squash – acorn squash breakfast bowls with yogurt
- cherry tomatoes – garlic roasted cherry tomatoes with black pepper – we have had this on heavy rotation all summer! It is great on the Bombolini pasta
- garlic -how to carmelize roasted garlic and storage; make garlic flax seed crackers
- eggplant mix – 51 ways! but I would grill it….
- mini pie pumpkin – Once you realize how easy it is to roast a pumpkin and make your own puree, you will leave canned behind – there are also good links to ways to use it. Make a smoothie with yogurt. Make a latte. You can also grill it like squash. Yum.
- ground beef –taco stuffed acorn squash
- pork chops – garlic butter pork chops
- breakfast links – these are great and kid-friendly with enough flavor for grownups. they snap apart when frozen so you can quick cook. I like to cook these, then throw kale in the pan and use the drippings and add a splash of vinegar. I like to make zuppa toscana – this recipe is dairy free/whole 30.
- Prairie Grain mix – this bread freezes well and makes beautiful sandwiches, french toast and more.
- Mt View feta – whenever we have feta I make Shakshuka.