Here is our menu for the upcoming week’s share. Keep in mind this menu may change as we are still getting available items in. Please know that our farmers are having a hard time with the harvest due to weather and labor shortages. We ask for your flexibility with changes. We will try to get these to you but often we don’t know until day of and they don’t always get to me (Suzi). I know there have been surprises- So thanks again for your patience.
A note on the Billy Bread — when you get it and you plan to keep it on the counter – please take it out of the plastic bag so that it can breathe. If it gets moisture trapped in there, it will mold. I keep mine the in the fridge in the plastic bag after the first day.
There is a note at the bottom about the MILK!!!! It is delicious and not really Cat Milk! Please enjoy.
Holiday turkeys and ducks are up in the store to order with a $20 deposit, balance due upon receipt. If you want a small turkey please order now/fast as these are going quickly. After you order, message me when you want it – Thanksgiving, Xmas or another time and also the @ lb range so I can best match you up. If you are interested in other holiday meats like pork, beef, bison or lamb, message me.
We are out of stock on the Twin Oaks Italian tofu for the foreseeable future. Twin Oaks is not making anymore at the present time. If and when it becomes available again, we will let you know. If you have ordered the Italian, you will receive plain unless you message me otherwise.
I am working on getting us sourdough bagels! So watch for the email saying these are ready to order! They freeze great!
If you love the CSA, please share it with friends! Anyone who joins will earn you a $25 referral reward when they use your name upon sign up! So share away!
Yard Signs – We will have yard signs at Eastern Market and Farm to Family Market and can drop off for you if you are home delivered. We get a tremendous response from this type of marketing. If you would like a yard sign – let us know. Thank you for sharing us with your neighbors and friends.
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- spaghetti squash – easy way to cook; lasagna bake, and
- sweet potatoes – make vegan, gluten free brownies; easy baked; airfryer sweet potato fries;
- apples- vegan/gf apple pie crumble bars; apple streusel breakfast pizza (GF, VG)
- mixed beans – these include the delicious roma beans. My favorite way is to cook Italian style with tomatoes.
- raspberries – raspberry balsamic vinaigrette;
- cabbage – gingery apple cabbage kraut; simple breakfast bowl with sweet potatoes and cabbage
- delicata squash – these are small and cook quickly. We LOVE them. give them a scrub and eat the skin too easy roasted.
- swiss chard – simple sauteed swiss chard; kitchen sink pasta
- radishes – roasted vegetable tacos with chimichurri sauce – use delicata squash, sweet potatoes etc; apple radish slaw; quick pickled radishes
- spicy salad mix – I love to add sliced apples, thinly sliced feta and raspberry balsamic.
- chuck roast – something about pot roast that is just amazing. Here are a couple standout recipes to consider.Caribbean style (uses a jalapeno!); keto cuban style;
- breakfast links – these are great and kid-friendly with enough flavor for grownups. they snap apart when frozen so you can quick cook. I like to cook these, then throw kale in the pan and use the drippings and add a splash of vinegar. I like to make zuppa toscana – this recipe is dairy free/whole 30.
BREAD Billy Bread rustic sourdough –poached eggs and chard on sourdough toast