Here is our menu for the upcoming week’s share.
Holiday turkeys and ducks are up in the store to order with a $20 deposit, balance due upon receipt. If you want a small turkey please order now/fast as there are 2 left. After you order, message me when you want it – Thanksgiving, Xmas or another time and also the @ lb range so I can best match you up. If you are interested in other holiday meats like pork, beef, bison or lamb, message me. We have added 10 more ducks to inventory – so jump on these quickly. We have 2 turkeys left from last year that will be at a sale price — waiting to get details from Mark. These have been great in the past! Let me know if you are interested. We are NOT able to get rabbit this year.
This is the first week of Chewy’s sourdough bagels! We are so excited. They are fermented 72 hours and freeze great! I am going to make yogurt cream cheese with the Mt View yogurt then put the Handcrafted by Hannah elderberry jelly on mine.
If you love the CSA, please share it with friends! Anyone who joins will earn you a $25 referral reward when they use your name upon sign up! So share away!
Yard Signs – We will have yard signs at Eastern Market and Farm to Family Market and can drop off for you if you are home delivered. We get a tremendous response from this type of marketing. If you would like a yard sign – let us know. Thank you for sharing us with your neighbors and friends.
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- fennel – try shaved fennel and orange salad; roasted fennel with parm; fennel, garlic and potato soup
- 21 cool ways from Richmond’s Eating Bird Food including taco bake and pad thai.
- beets – make sure to eat the tops! simple and delicious beet greens; vegan borscht;-beet-salad-with-carrot-quinoa-spinach/;
- apples- vegan/gf apple pie crumble bars; apple streusel breakfast pizza (GF, VG)
- mixed beans – these include the delicious roma beans. My favorite way is to cook Italian style with tomatoe; s. ; charred green beans with harissa yogurt;
- raspberries – raspberry balsamic vinaigrette; raspberry chia pudding
- collards – butternut and collard bruschetta; collard green burritos
- winter squash – butternut squash pancakes; penne with winter squash and bacon
- swiss chard – simple sauteed swiss chard; kitchen sink pasta
- bok choy –sesame beef, ginger and grilled bok choy; bok choy, soba noodles with sesame ginger dressing and an egg
- spicy salad mix – I love to add sliced apples, thinly sliced feta and raspberry balsamic.A really good salad
- chicken legs/thighs – get some maple syrup from us and make soy maple chicken
- ground beef – Thai style beef salad over angel hair; korean ground beef rice bowls
- breakfast links – these are great and kid-friendly with enough flavor for grownups. they snap apart when frozen so you can quick cook. I like to cook these, then throw kale in the pan and use the drippings and add a splash of vinegar. I like to make zuppa toscana – this recipe is dairy free/whole 30.
BREAD Billy Bread rustic sourdough –poached eggs and chard on sourdough toast
- Mt View cheese mix – make a hot melted sandwich