Holiday turkeys and ducks are up in the store to order with a $20 deposit, balance due upon receipt. Small turkeys are sold out, but we have plenty of medium and large left. After you order, message me when you want it – date and where, and also the @ lb range so I can best match you up. Bison and lamb are up and I am waiting on prices on brisket and pork butt. There are also 2 sale turkeys.
If you love the CSA, please share it with friends! One of our members has to move out of state and is looking for someone to take over their Full biweekly share – value $892.78 including fees etc – this can be put towards any type of share, anywhere, or any frequency and I can do installments. Ask your friends and neighbors. Anyone who joins will earn you a $25 referral reward when they use your name upon sign up! So share away!
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- celery – this is nothing like store celery! It is delicious! try a simple salad: Raw, thinly sliced celery, tossed with a lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, some smashed tuscan olives, shavings of parmesan, lots of black pepper, and a shower of salt. Make a garden rickey cocktail. simple braised celery.
- spinach – spinach soup with blistered tomatoes; quick and easy spinach curry
- chioga beets – these are the pretty red and white striped ones. make sure to eat the tops! simple and delicious beet greens; vegan borscht;-beet-salad-with-carrot-quinoa-spinach/;warm beet, fennel and white bean salad with beet green chimichurri
- apples- vegan/gf apple pie crumble bars; apple streusel breakfast pizza (GF, VG)winter squash – butternut squash pancakes; penne with winter squash and bacon
- spicy salad/arugula mix – I love to add sliced apples, thinly sliced feta and raspberry balsamic.A really good salad
- Acorn/delicata squash – Parmesan crusted; delicata squash soup – vegan option; winter squash galette
- cilantro – spicy cilantro hummus; avocado and beet salad with cilantro dressing
- cherry tomatoes –
- smooth kale – beet lentil and kale salad with tahini dressing; massaged kale with creamed mozzarella, tomatoe and wild rice
- rasberries- we are grateful for these hardy late season rasberries!
- bratwurst –skillet sausage with spinach and white beans
- smoked trout – this works as a great appetizer, or on a charcuterie board
- garlic sausage – 10 minute sausage skillet with cherry tomatoes and broccolini
BREAD – Prairie Grain Pumpkin bread – so delicious! great as french toast too, and freezes well if for some strange reason you don’t consume immediately (or if you prefer another Prairie Grain – let me know if you don’t want the pumpkin bread ASAP)