Here is our menu for the upcoming week’s share. Keep in mind this menu may still change as we are still getting available items in. We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
Richmond members — we are opening up the Market again on Thursdays – please help us spread the word to the Richmond Food Community. If you pick up there, we still are asking that you please pick up on Wednesday unless there is an emergency. We don’t have space to store your share and it puts undue stress on our staff. Thank you.
There is a note at the bottom about the MILK!!!! It is delicious and not really Cat Milk! Please enjoy.
Holiday meats + turkey are available for your Winter Holiday celebrations – bison roasts, steak and filet, pork butt, lamb leg, brisket, turkeys, turkey legs and ground turkey. Turkeys are on the Larger size 18-22 lbs. After you order, message me when you want it – date and where. Please share with friends and neighbors.
If you love the CSA, please share it with friends – new subscribers save 5% with discount code GRATITUDE! Anyone who joins will earn you a $25 referral reward when they use your name upon sign up! It’s a win win – so share away! One of our members has to move out of state and is looking for someone to take over their Full biweekly share – value $892.78 including fees etc – this can be put towards any type of share, anywhere, or any frequency and I can do installments. Ask your friends and neighbors.
Yard Signs – We will have yard signs at Eastern Market and Farm to Family Market and can drop off for you if you are home delivered. We get a tremendous response from this type of marketing. If you would like a yard sign – let us know. Thank you for sharing us with your neighbors and friends.
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- beets – make sure to eat the tops early in the cycle so they don’t go bad! simple and delicious beet greens; vegan borscht;-beet-salad-with-carrot-quinoa-spinach/;warm beet, fennel and white bean salad with beet green chimichurri
- apples- vegan/gf apple pie crumble bars; apple streusel breakfast pizza (GF, VG
- Carnival squash – penne with winter squash and bacon;
- bok choy – here are some great recipes for tot soy, bok choy and kale.
- tot soy – garlicky tot soy and pasta;
- kale – bison hash with kale; coconut curry greens with runny eggs – you can use all the greens in here including the bok choy and tat soy.
- baby daikon – sesame noodle bowls with lemon grass meatballs; roasted daikon, carrots and peppers; make quick daikon pickles ; daikon cabbage slaw
- mustard greens – mustard greens and egg breakfast skillet; mustard green quiche; mustard greens with sesame chick peas
- pecans from Traveler’s Rest Farm, St Stephen’s VA. These are in the shell. Do you say puh-can or pee-can? Here are some ways to crack them, even if you don’t have a nutcracker. ; and here is a video tutorial using household and garden tools. Here are 10 ways to use them.
- pantry item – popcorn, Wade’s Mill mix, or peanuts – allergy alert – if you have a peanut, corn or gluten allergy, and have not let us know, please email asap so that we can give you an item you can enjoy. Thanks.
- short ribs– – Korean Galbi short ribs;
- ground bison – ground bison with kale, cannelini and poached egg; Colorado bison chili – also uses ground turkey so order some or use your turkey leftovers.
BREAD – Prairie Grain mix
- Mountain View cheese mix