Hi Members — Here is the Menu and recipes for this week’s share for Farm to Family members ONLY. DC Eastern Market and DC Home Delivery is CANCELED due to the high security threats around the Inauguration on pickup day. Please send me an email whether you want to donate or credit. Thank you.
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- apples – 1 bowl carrot apple cake (vegan)
- roasted beet and winter squash salad with walnuts
- kalettes – we are a little obsessed with these. They are a cross between kale and brussel sprouts and you can cook them the same way. Here are some suggestions.
- green onions – roasted beets with green onions
- mushrooms – not sure if these will have the King Oysters, but try this King Oyster Vegan Pulled Pork BBQ if so.
- carrots – creamy roasted carrot soup (vegan if you omit butter at the end) – I made this earlier this week and it was easy and comforting.
- bok choy – sauteed 5 spice bok choy with mushrooms
- collards – white bean collard spaghetti with lemon turnips
- mustard greens – chick peas with yogurt and fresh mustard greens
- turnips -carrot and turnip kinpira (Japanese style with tamari)
- buckwheat pancake mix – if you are gluten free but have not told me, please let me/staff know – and choose something else.
- ground sausage
- cornish game hen
BREAD -Prairie Grain Spelt
- Mt View ricotta – try this Lasagna soup recipe!! It is amazing! It is an Instant Pot recipe, but you can do it on the stove top easily. You can also make it veggie by omitting the meat, adding some veggies and using non dairy cheese. so good.