We have a great share for you this coming week! Mark’s birthday is Thursday 2/4 so we wish him a very happy birthday without any crazy stuff after some really crazy weeks! Spring is coming, and I hope to have the new season offering up SOON!! Are you excited???
If you are one of our DC customers and have not messaged me about your choice of a donate or credit for our canceled share from 1/20, please do so. I am working on those credits right now. As I have to do these one by one, I thank you for our patience. If you need this asap, please message me.
Enjoy this week’s food, and Happy Cooking!
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- apples – apple french toast bake (V, DF); Carmel apple cheesecake tart (GF, V, VG, DF, NS)
- mushrooms – lentil mushroom stew over mash
- turnips – parmesan crusted crushed turnips
- collards – spicy brown rice and collard greens
- honey – if you are vegan and have not told me, let me know so we can swap something for you. Try toasted peanut butter and honey sandwich on rosemary choclate bread. sounds decadent. Or make a honey cocktail! Some call for beer too.
- sweet potatoes – red lentil sweet potato soup (instant pot V, VG, GF, NS, DF)
- butternut squash – butternut squash potato salad
- golden beets – hash brown golden beets and yams; roasted beets and fresh mozzarella with pine nuts
- items TBD
- whole chicken
- ground bison
- bison steaks (2pack)
- chicken legs/thighs
BREAD -Prairie Grain
- I THINK it is fresh mozzarella from Curds and Whey which is so delicious