Hi Members — We have a great share for you this coming week! Spring is coming, and I hope to have the new season offering up SOON!!
Enjoy this week’s food, and Happy Cooking! Here is the menu. As we are moving into more cold and snow as we get towards March, please expect changes to the menu.
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- apples – carrot apple bread
- mushrooms – lentil mushroom stew over mash
- rainbow carrots Moroccan Carrot Salad
- sweet potatoes – crispy quinoa sweet potato fritters
- beets –black bean beet burgers; beet and berry smoothie
- bibb lettuce – hydroponic
- apple butter – some really great ideas on how to use it here
- potatoes – home fries; potato mushroom and carmelized onion pierogis
- kraut – probably from Farmstead Ferments this is a tasty side or condiment, that can also be added to soups and stews for added bright flavor and nutrition.
- ground beef
- chicken legs/thighs
- Italian hot links
- cornish hen
BREAD -Prairie Grain
- Mountain View baby swiss or cheddar