i Members — We have a great share for you this coming week! Spring is coming – I will have the new season offering up SOON!! Watch for a follow up email shortly.
Enjoy this week’s food, and Happy Cooking! Here is the menu. As we are moving into more cold and snow as we get towards March, please expect changes to the menu.
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- apples – carrot apple bread
- mushrooms – lentil mushroom stew over mash;
- carrots Moroccan Carrot Salad
- sweet potatoes – crispy quinoa sweet potato fritters
- beets –black bean beet burgers; beet and berry smoothie
- bibb lettuce – hydroponic – make lettuce wraps
- Agriberry jam – jam is not just for toast. Some of my favorite ways are to add to vinaigrette and marinades, to smoothies and drinks. Here are some ideas.
- potatoes – home fries; potato mushroom and carmelized onion pierogis
- kale or collards — these may have some purplish color on them – which are fine. They may also have some windburn where some edges may appear dryer or brown – just discard those parts. They do well in ice and snow, but they don’t like the wind. The collards last week were the best I have ever had.Some people believe that collards need to freeze to bring out the sweetness of them.
- Sage – roasted sweet potatoes, potatoes and sage; fettucine with sausage and fried sage; mushrooms with sage and grilled bread
- salad mix – maybe?
- ground beef
- whole broiler chicken
BREAD -not sure
- Mountain View mix