The Spring/Summer season of the CSA is ready for Sign Up — Don’t delay! Last year we SOLD OUT quickly in Washington DC, Richmond Home Delivery and our RVA drop-sites.
We are celebrating CSA week from today, Sunday 2/21 thru 11:59 pm Sunday 2/28 — Sign up during this time using code CSA21 and save 5%. We are grateful for you!
ACTIVE MILITARY/VETERANS/FIRST RESPONDERS– Use our 10% military discount code to save on all CSA shares signing up anytime during the season. Please email with proof of your service for the code. THIS IS THE BEST DEAL for you if you are Active military, Veteran or First Responder (Police, Fire, EMT).
Anyone you refer who joins, earns you a $25 Referral Reward = Free Food! They must enter your name at check out. No limit to how many people you can refer, so share away.
YARD SIGNS are our most effective marketing tool besides your referral. If you want a yard sign, let us know.
2021 SPRING/SUMMER DETAILS
Starts 3/30 (depending on your location and frequency). 24 weekly/biweekly deliveries. 2 week summer holiday break – NO CSA 8/10-8/18
Start date, pickup days and times subject to changes due to Spring weather and Covid 19 Restrictions. We are using Covid-19 Precautions during packing, at pickups and delivery.
DC – Tuesdays
- Eastern Market – 4-7pm on the Farmer Line
- Home Delivery 20002, 20004 and Navy Yard – Delivery fee $10/time charged in full at sign up. BW starts 4/6
- Full Season member fee is $100 for weekly deliveries/$50 biweekly deliveries and is pro-rated after season start. Member fees charged separately at onboarding.
RVA – Wednesdays
- Home Delivery (within 5 mi radius F2F) $10/fee per time charged in full at signup. BW starts 4/7
- Farm to Family Market – 11-6pm 2817 Mechanicsville Turnpike, RVA 23223. BW starts 4/7
- Innsbrook – 5-7pm (private home) BW only – starts 3/31
- Surreywood/Midlothian/N. Chesterfield – 5-7pm (private home) BW only- starts 3/31
Full season member fee is $50 for weekly membership/$25 biweekly and is pro-rated after season start. Member fees charged separately at onboarding
Please visit the website for specifics on pricing and shares.
Email Suzi if you have additional questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mark directly at 804-397-7337.
Thank you so much for being loyal CSA members and supporting your local food system. We are looking forward to a tremendous Spring and Summer Season!
*Want to be taken off our list? Send an email with “remove” in the subject.
Mark Lilly + Suzi Miles
- HOW TO USE DISCOUNT CODES: USE CSA21 to get 5% discount this week, unless you are Military/Veteran/First Responder (email me if this is you). When you get towards the end of the sign up process, you will be prompted to enter discount code in a field towards the top and the software will subtract it at checkout.
- HOW MUCH IS IT? The price shown for a subscription is for the ENTIRE Season for weekly frequency. In order to find out your price, go thru the process like you are purchasing – when you choose your frequency, weekly/biweekly (every other week) in the drop down menu, your cost will also adjust. It will also pro-rate and adjust if you join after we start. If you leave your cart and come back, make sure to clear your cart to avoid duplicate purchase.
- Choose SPRING/SUMMER subscriptions, as FALL/WINTER are still up for a few more weeks.
- Choose SPRING/SUMMER dropsites/delivery as Fall/Winter are still up so that we can communicate with you. This is to avoid confusion with Fall subscribers receiving emails meant for Summer and vice versa. Also delivery days/times are different.
- Home Delivery – This is $10/time and will be auto-charged up front in full for the season when you purchase your share (i.e. 11 x season = $220 delivery charge plus whatever your share costs). You will see these on your invoice/receipt. If you have Installment payment plan, these will be split up.
- Weekly shares – Eastern Market and Farm to Family are weekly shares. Everywhere else is biweekly. If you want a drop site and want a weekly share, you will go in and create a second biweekly subscription that is a drop site (Farm to Family and Eastern Market are weekly). You may have to log out and log back in to do the second share. I will double check to make sure you do it correctly and make sure your schedule alternates. If we get enough people who want this, we may consider delivering weekly. It must be enough people to make it efficient. *Email me to alert me so I can flip your share so you are getting it on opposite weeks.
- Add ons are available for the season or by the time – eggs and all other dairy items, tofu, bread, coffee, honey, pasta and other pantry items, some meats allowing you to customize your share, flowers, pantry and fruit (DC only.) Yes! you can get 2 veg shares, meats, dairies etc – we have lots of families who do this, some also get a weekly and a biweekly.
- Fruit/Flowers Share Start Date – Fruit (DC Only) and Fruit start the beginning of May once things have warmed up. This may be adjusted due to weather – we need 30 days of warmish sunshine for strawberries to be ready.
- Changes/Adds/Deletions – frequency or otherwise modifying your share. If you are new, it is good to start biweekly to see how your family does with the volume. Once we get in the season, you may want to change frequency or make other changes – email me so I can advise and help you. If you decide to add on an additional share, like adding meat to your veg, do that this week to get the discount!
- Moving? This has been a BIG thing with Covid and sometimes creeps up unexpected. Partial seasons available for people who may be moving (email for info – don’t sign up online. I will set you up manually.) If you have the slightest thought about moving, let me know now. Email and I can advise you on how best to proceed. If you move mid-sesason without making prior agreements, you are responsible for finding a replacement as you contract for the season.
- Installment payments are available – 1-4 payment available depending on type of share – the installment schedule is monthly until your share is paid. You will be billed the first portion of your bill the day you join, and then charged every 30 days on about the same date until your account is paid off 2, 3 or 4 installments – so if you join on 3/10, your next payments will be 4/ 10, 5/10th etc until you are done – then you are paid for the season. This is different than some payment plans where payments are spread out over the season. The nature of the CSA model is that members usually pay in full up front for the season, so that money/working capital is available to work with farmers throughout the season – most CSAs do not have payment plans at all. This partnership with you helps keep the fragile farm micro-economy intact and moving. This is even more important this season in this time of pandemic uncertainty – our farmers are really challenged with staying in business so this helps them. In some ways it is like buying stock, and instead of dividends, you receive food. This hybrid installment schedule helps us get payment earlier than later, but still allows you to split it up, so we can continue to work with small farmers.
- Seasonal Member Fees – All members will be charged a seasonal membership fee that includes delivery and administrative costs. This fee is charged separately from CSA food charges, upon on-boarding. It is charged shortly after you join, to the card on file if you pay via card, or you will be notified of the amount to add to your payment due if you pay via check or cash. It is pro-rated if you join post-start. See Policies and FAQs for more info.
- Financial Challenges – If you need more installments for your payment plan than offered on the website please email Suzi. We want everyone to be able to afford the CSA and we know this year finances are more challenging. If you need help adjusting your installments as you go along, let me know.
- Account Credit rolls season to season. If you have credit with us, the software will look for it, apply it, then charge your card on file the balance.
- Payment by check/online billypay, money orders. Checks should be made out to Farm to Family, LLC and can be mailed or given to Mark. You will be told your member fee at onboarding so you can add this to your check/cash payment. If you pay by check, please also enter in a card, or you can add additional check funds so you can pay for smaller add ons without having to send a check each time – this is also easier on the system and me, as I have to advance you credits for your add-ons, otherwise the system thinks you have not paid for your share that week.
- Payments by credit/debit cards have a 3.5% surcharge fee which you will be reminded of by CSAware if you choose this payment method. As a small business in an industry with thin margins and high rates of product shrinkage due to limited shelf life, we, along with other CSAs, farms and other food service providers, have chosen to charge this fee instead of raising our prices to cover it. Choose the surcharge fee-free options provided of check, online bill pay or money order to avoid the surcharge. If you pay in this way, we recommend that you also add a card to keep on file to make a la carte add on shopping for small items easier.
- Donation program – our donation program is more important than ever this year with families dealing with unemployment and financial challenges. When you hold/put on vacation a share, you have the option to donate.
- Missed/Forgotten Shares – Any missed/forgotten shares you don’t tell us about (message Suzi if you are going to miss or forgot or had some sort of mitigating circumstance) go towards our donation program (see above.)
- Currently out of town/uncertain of return but don’t want to miss out – Email Suzi on how best to proceed for your situation. You can join mid-season.