Welcome to our new members this week – we are so glad to have you!
Summer holidays – if you are traveling, don’t forget to put your shares on hold. Just a reminder – our CSA vacation is August 11th and 18th – there will NOT be any CSA those weeks. Please mark your calendars and make arrangements to feed your family if you are not on vacation those weeks. We hope you are loving the glorious abundance of summer fruit!!
Home Delivery – Richmond home delivery – your delivery day is WEDNESDAY.
Cooler Bins/Porch Pirates – Please try to have a cooler or bin out with ice for delivery people to leave your share in – some of you still do not have one out for us. With warmer temps, this will preserve your share, especially more delicate items. The bin method tucked away from your door (let us know where you want it) also helps to disguise your share if porch pirates roam your neighborhood looking for opportune booty – we have occasionally had shares stolen and we find this method an effective deterrant.
Below is the preview menu, subject to change. Reminder – if something is wrong with your share/delivery, let us know right away so we can remedy it for you!
Happy Cooking and Eating!
PRODUCE – Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague; , Va unless otherwise indicated.
- Heirloom tomatoes Rosa’s Garden, Mechanicsville, VA Make a Sammie! Top them with chevre! Make tomato shortcake stacks with the fresh mozzarella!
- cherry tomatoes –fast and easy blistered cherry tomatoes and pasta
- Roma tomatoes — simple oven roasted tomato sauce with fresh basil and garlic
- Okra – Do you love Okra! We sure do too! It is wonderful grilled, sauteed, roasted and fried (try it in the air fryer!) Here is Okra and tomatoes.
- Sweet banana Peppers – easy banana pepper refridgerator pickles – great for sandwiches!
- Bell peppers – Spanish quinoa stuffed peppers
- jalapenos – peach jalapeno margaritas
- Potatoes – Try no mayo potato salad with basil vinaigrette; skewer and grill with garlic and rosemary
- peaches – fresh peach bbq sauce
- carrots – grilled carrot salad with carrot top pesto
- corn- sweet and hot corn relish (with jalapenos! )
- cukes – summer crunch salad – throw in your corn, cherry tomatoes, peppers, carrots…
- Kale – try this collection of recipes that goes beyond salad.
FRUIT share – We are really rocking the fruit now!
- smoked Trout – build a charcuterie tray around it
- Ground Beef
- sausage patties
Prairie Grain Mix
Cheese – fresh mozzarella – y.u.m.