Here is the preview menu of what we think will be in the share. The menu may change between now and when you actually receive it due to Mother Nature or other factors. We will try to let you know any major changes by email, and also post on our Facebook page, Facebook group (please join it’s fun and Chef Mike has been doing some cool how to videos!), and on Instagram. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns! Happy Cooking!
PRODUCE * indicates small share. Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- Romaine Lettuce* -7 cool ways to use it.
- Red Radishes* – garlic roasted radishes — use your garlic scapes; radish sandwich with butter and salt. arugula and put it on the Billy Bread. so very amazing.
- Asparagus* -roasted asparagus with walnuts and goat cheese
- Mushrooms* AM Fog, Afton, VA – Maitake is perfect for grilling vegans and meatless Mondays. Here are BBQ Mushroom Skirt steaks from Wicked Healthy
- baby fennel* – one of my favorites. try thiseasy fennel salad– or grill it — use the Tomme Cheese from this share instead of parmesan.
- Napa cabbage* Try this Napa Salad with peanuts! or napa salad with tofu and sesame dressing , or stir fry it with spicy garlic dressing, Here are 6 other ways to use it including easy kim chee and stuffed.
- Swiss Chard* – make a swiss chard and ramp pizza, or cream of swiss chard gruyere soup (sub the Tomme cheese from this week’s share)
- Strawberries Agriberry – Hanover VA – We are hoping to have these in the share – but weather may play a factor. make small batch strawberry balsamic jam.Here’s a cheffed up strawberry pretzel pie recipe from Garden and Gun that is YUM-O. I use gluten free pretzels. Try strawberries with balsamic vinegar – you can put them over ice cream like Ina Garten.
- Kale – try goatcheese lemon pasta with kale! ; kale goatcheese tart; kale caesar salad
- spinach – Make Spinach paneer! Chef Mike did a video on how to make paneer with the milk. .
- ramps – Make ramp tramp/green goddess dressing – use your garlic scapes if you have any left, and I also use the yogurt as part of the dairy. Try this on a romaine salad with some napa cabbage, shaved fennel, raidhses and spinach.
- Ula Tortillas – Waynesboro, VA – certified non-gmo, organic, gluten-free, vegan, stone ground. Delicious.Perfect for Taco Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday…. These also freeze well.
FRUIT SHARE/from Agriberry
- Strawberries – I shared this recipe for Strawberry Balsamic refrigerator jam earlier in the Facebook group, but it is so good I am sharing for all those not on FB. I made this for Mother’s Day gifts one year. I ended up eating mine out of the jar with a spoon. It calls for vanilla bean, but I used vanilla extract.
- Blueberries – how exciting we are moving into blueberries. No recipes because you will probably eat them out of the container. You can throw them into your salads.
PANTRY – TBD
- ground bison – make bison burgers! or bison tacos!
- Harmony Hill Pork ribs – try bourbon sorghum glazed ribs
- trout filet – Virginia Trout Company Monterey, VA – – so delicious and cook quickly. Try trout tacos with bourbon slaw – use the napa cabbage! I usually just panfry with butter (or olive oil) and season with salt and pepper, or you can roll in cornmeal. easy! These are cleaned and ready to go – very kid friendly.
- Prairie Grain – mixed
- Cheese – Peachy Family Dairy, Pennsylvania – Amish raw goat Cave-aged Tomme – this is a delicious nutty hard aged European style cheese – perfect for grating. We are loving this, and really excited for you to try it.
TOFU- for those with tofu add ons —Twin Oaks, Louisa, VA. As so many of you are getting the incredible Twin Oaks tofu (available here – best tofu ever! ) Here is buffalo tofu from the Wicked Healthy Sarno Brothers. And there are a lot of recipes on the Twin Oaks site.