Hello Members! Here is our menu for the upcoming week’s share. Keep in mind this menu may still change as we are still getting available items in.
A reminder that we are on CSA Winter holiday the last 2 weeks of December and will return the first week of January – no CSA shares during that time. Next week is our last share of December. If you are biweekly and received a share this past week, you will return the first week of January. If you are biweekly and receive a share next week, you will return the second week of January. Check your online dashboard calendars for your schedule if you are unsure.
Holds:If you are away next week, or the first week of January when we return, please put your share on hold, or ask me to help you. Our network of donation families is especially appreciative of donated shares this year. Thank you for considering donating your held share.
Tofu customers: We received word from Twin Oaks that they are ceasing production of the individually packaged tofu – we have some in stock to cover us for next week so you will receive your tofu next week if you ordered it. They are continuing bulk packaging, but we are evaluating if repackaging bulk tofu is something we can realistically and safely do for you – there are multiple things we need to review on this. We sadly may end up having to cancel and refund any seasonal subscriptions. I will let you know what we decide and what to expect. Thank you for your patience. We are saddened by this decision, as it is the world’s best tofu, but we respect and understand that there are a lot of pivots during this challenging time.
There is a note at the bottom about the MILK!!!! It is delicious and not really Cat Milk! Please enjoy.
Holiday meats + turkey If you want these, go ahead and order, and we will have them for you next week. We sitll have duck, bison roasts, steak and filet, pork butt, lamb leg, brisket, turkeys, turkey legs and ground turkey. Turkeys are on the Larger size 18-22 lbs. . Please share with friends and neighbors.
If you love the CSA, please share it with friends – new subscribers save 5% with discount code GRATITUDE! Anyone who joins will earn you a $25 referral reward when they use your name upon sign up! It’s a win win – so share away!
Gift certificates/gift cards – Share the gift of Farm to Family and Local Food with your friends, family and co-workers! We have gift certificates for the CSA online here. We also have eGiftCards for the RVA Farm to Family Market/FarmBus available at the market/FarmBus as well as online. Physical giftcards will be available next week.
Gift Baskets – We can make up a gift basket for you with either items of your choosing, or allow us to do a dollar amount. Email me if you are interested in a gift basket.
Yard Signs – We will have yard signs at Eastern Market and Farm to Family Market and can drop off for you if you are home delivered. We get a tremendous response from this type of marketing. If you would like a yard sign – let us know. Thank you for sharing us with your neighbors and friends.
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- beets – make sure to eat the tops early in the cycle so they don’t go bad! simple and delicious beet greens; vegan borscht;-beet-salad-with-carrot-quinoa-spinach/;warm beet, fennel and white bean salad with beet green chimichurri; And here is a beet infused vodka!
- apples- vegan/gf apple pie crumble bars; apple streusel breakfast pizza (GF, VG
- turnip greens – these are an old time southern favorite, and can be sauteed/prepared as your favorite green. But you can also think outside the box and use them as a chimichurri base for this salmon sheetpan meal, as pesto in this noodle bowl, or pizza.
- spicy salad mix – simple salad with apples and pecans
- swiss chard – chard with hazelnuts and mushrooms; chard feta and leek fritatta
- bok choy – Provencal bok choy with orange zest and olives;
- cilantro – cilantro lime dressing – add yogurt to it.
- shiitake mushrooms 7 ways….
- potatoes – Spanish tortilla (egg potato omelette); chard potato and chick pea stew; potato and white bean putanesca soup
- apple cider
- chuck roast or
- whole chicken
BREAD – Billy Bread rustic sourdough – remember to let it breathe with the plastic bag or it will mold. I usually put mine in the fridge after a day.
- Goat cheese