Many of you are taking holidays and holding shares – make sure to get your holds for July 4 into me! We have a share donation program which has been particularly needed by food insecure families during these challenging times.You have an option to donate your share if you are away – you can do this thru your dashboard, or email me and I will set it up – we, and the families we work with, are grateful for your generosity. Thank you!
We have more berries this week, so just a reminder on berry storage tips for fragile berries to help keep them fresher longer in hot humid days – from Agriberry our fruit partner.
This week’s menu is below – subject to change.
PRODUCE * indicates small share. Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- zucchini* – easy roasted zuch with parmesan; raw zucchini noodles with raw marinara
- blueberries* – grainfree berry crisp
- cucumbers* summer is here! simple cuke salad; when I was a kid we would just cut them in spears and dunk them in salt.
- peaches* – easy grilled peaches. The best.
- cabbage* – garlic roasted cabbage steaks; simple seedy slaw
- red potatoes* – very much marinated red potatoes
- swiss chard* – 10 yummy ways you may not have thought of
- aloe stalks* – here is an excellent guide to using fresh aloe both internal and external. We are excited to bring this to you – let me know how you like it and if you want it again!
- garlic – grilled garlic herb potatoes
- yellow onions – Italian zucchini and onions
- pickling cukes – I love to slice and eat these when they are little, but I also love to make easy small batch fridge pickles.
- leeks – grilled zucchini and leeks with walnuts and herbs
- curly parsley – how to use it! It’s not just a garnish!
FRUIT SHARE/from Agriberry
- Bombolini Dried Pasta or apple butter (not sure yet)
- Cornish Game Hen – Skyview Acres
- Bacon – Polyface
- Ground Beef
- Chicken breast
- sausage links
- ground bison
- Prairie Grain – mixed. Note that Billy Bread is now available to add on in the Bakery section!
- Cheese -Shenandoah Farms Co-Op aged mix