Here is our menu for the upcoming week’s highlights. Keep in mind this menu may still change as we are still getting available items in.
Richmonders — The FarmBus is out and about – please help us spread the word! We plan to have it open in the Fan at the Starbucks on Robinson with Morgan on Mondays and Tuesdays, and Mark will have it out and about on the weekend for neighborhood and house calls. Call Mark at 804-397-7337 to schedule your visit, or email email@example.com
Holiday meats + turkey are available for your Winter Holiday celebrations – bison roasts, steak and filet, pork butt, lamb leg, brisket, turkeys, turkey legs and ground turkey. Turkeys are on the Larger size 18-22 lbs. After you order, message me when you want it – date and where. Please share with friends and neighbors.
If you love the CSA, please share it with friends – new subscribers save 5% with discount code GRATITUDE! Anyone who joins will earn you a $25 referral reward when they use your name upon sign up! It’s a win win – so share away! One of our members has to move out of state and is looking for someone to take over their Full biweekly share – value $892.78 including fees etc – this can be put towards any type of share, anywhere, or any frequency and I can do installments. Ask your friends and neighbors.
Yard Signs – We will have yard signs at Eastern Market and Farm to Family Market and can drop off for you if you are home delivered. We get a tremendous response from this type of marketing. If you would like a yard sign – let us know. Thank you for sharing us with your neighbors and friends.
PRODUCE Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va.
- beets – make sure to eat the tops early in the cycle so they don’t go bad! simple and delicious beet greens; vegan borscht;-beet-salad-with-carrot-quinoa-spinach/;warm beet, fennel and white bean salad with beet green chimichurri; And here is a beet infused vodka!
- apples- vegan/gf apple pie crumble bars; apple streusel breakfast pizza (GF, VG
- creasy greens – We love these hardy greens that can withstand freezing snow. They are nutritious and have more Vit C than oranges. Raw they have a bite like watercress, but these greens grow in sandy soil so rinse, rinse, rinse and rinse again. Here’s some tips on using them. creasy greens salad with apple butter vinaigrette
- romanesco – cooler than broccoli with its amazing sacred geometric fractals, and maybe more delicous – this is one of the most instagramable vegetables out there. You can cook it like broccoli or cauliflower – here are some ideas.
- tot soy – garlicky tot soy and pasta; coconut curry greens with runny eggs
- parsley – make ricotta with fresh herbs with the Meow Milk; make gremolata; avocado tabouli; beet and parsley salad with welsh rarebit croutons
- oyster mushrooms – Here is one of my favorite and very easy prep recipes for oyster mushrooms – sauteed oyster mushrooms with apple cider vinegar; try brie style mac and cheese with mushroo-ms. or hot and sour soup with mushrooms, cabbage and rice.
- sweet potatoes – here are 31 unique ways to use them.
- pantry item – popcorn,Cheffy’s pantry- allergy alert – if you have a corn allergy, and have not let us know, please email asap so that we can give you an item you can enjoy. Thanks. This will either be the delicious popcorn, or items from Chef including jam, relish, and more. Delicious! enjoy.
- cornish hen – herb roasted cornish hen (use your parsley!)
- lamb Italian Sausage – Winter lamb stew with spicy sausage – this calls for both lamb and spicy sausage, so just omit the lamb and adjust. The oyster mushrooms will be glorious in this.
- ground bison – – bison hash with kale – can sub creasy greens and tat soy
BREAD – Prairie Grain mix;
- ground bison with kale, cannelini and poached egg; Colorado bison chili – also uses ground turkey so order some or use your turkey leftovers.
BREAD – Prairie Grain mix
- Mountain View cheese mix