Hi members! Welcome to our new members this week – we are so glad to have you!
Home Delivery – Richmond home delivery – your delivery day is WEDNESDAY this week.
Below is the preview menu, subject to change. Reminder – if something is wrong with your share/delivery, let us know right away so we can remedy it for you!
Happy Cooking and Eating!
Suzi Miles + Mark Lilly and staff 🙂
PRODUCE – Produce is from Flores Family Farm (George, Omar and family) Hague, Va unless otherwise indicated.
- Asparagus –asparagus, mint and lemon risotto; asparagus mimosa
- Strawberries – Agriberry, Hanover, VA – Strawberry lime ice cream pie (uses yogurt and cream)
- Blueberries – Agriberry, Hanover, VA – I am sure these will be eaten by the time you get home. But here are some ideas: Blueberry Buckle; no churn blueberry graham cracker ice cream; double berry romaine smoothie
- Romaine lettuce – grill it!! so delicious.
- beets – these are beautiful and easy to roast baby beets with delicious tops – don’t forget to eat those tops
- broccoli – lemon feta mashed broccoli (keto)
- Tuscan Kale – Here is a basic sautee with garlic — or Tuscan Kale Salad with toasted bread crumbs – perfect for leftover Billy Bread, or this week’s sourdough.
- kohlrabi – this vegetable looks like a flying saucer! It is versatile and delicious. Here are 5 ways to prepare it. Spicy kohlrabi noodle salad.
- fennel – this will have feathery fronds like the dill. This Mediterranean vegetable, at its peak in spring and fall, has a strong anise flavor and crisp texture that’s delicious in salads when raw. When cooked, fennel softens and the flavor becomes sweet and mild. It is amazing grilled or thinly sliced with a mandoline and tossed with lemon and salt, or slices of orange. Here are some other ways to use it.
- dill – fresh dill is amazing, and not just for pickles. Here are some ideas to use it. be used soon after you receive your share, as it is pretty delicate.
- scallions – Young scallions are milder than their more mature counterparts, they’re great cooked or raw as a garnish, a flavoring or a side dish. Here are 11 ways to use this unsung kitchen hero.
- red spinach – has amazing benefits including for your face and hair! easy Laal Saag; Chinese Red spinach soup
FRUIT share –
- Strawberries – small batch strawberry vanilla jam; make dehydated strawberries in the dehydrator, oven or air fryer
- Blueberries – small batch blueberry muffins; oven dried blueberry fruit leather; cocktails
MEATS – Meats might change
- Beef short ribs – balsamic slow braised short ribs
- Ground lamb – rosemary garlic ground lamb and potatoes or mediterranean lamb bowls (top with that fresh dill – yum!)
- Puff’s maple pork bbq – this is a delicious heat and eat – it is already cooked. Add some sides like sauteed greens and a salad and you are set. Like the sauce? It is the Puff’s Fire on the Mountain!
- Prairie Grain sourdough sliced sandwich style – obviously the perfect bread for a grilled pimento cheese sandwich.
- Cheese -Mt View Pimento cheese – southern fave!!! Obviously with crackers! But here are ways to use it you might not have thought of.